Hi! Admitted iPhone addict here! As a first time mom, I constantly have little questions and I-wonders about my child and myself. There is no more easy, and accessible way to find the information that I need than a quick check on my phone. These are the apps that I used most during my pregnancy and as a parent.
- Ovia Fertility– This is what I used when we were trying to conceive (which happened way faster than we expected it to, so I suppose it’s pretty accurate).
- Ovia Pregnancy– My go-to app for looking up food and medication safety, and symptom checking. It also has that thing where it compares your unborn child to different fruits and vegetables, so that’s cute, I guess.
- Ovia Baby-Helps keep track of milestones and development. Plus it has interesting little articles and fun facts. I like to check it while kiddo naps.
- What To Expect– This falls under “pregnancy” and “parenting” because I still check it almost daily. It has interesting little facts and articles about your baby, both before and after birth. My favorite thing about it though, is the Groups. I joined an “October 2016 Babies” Group that is awesome. During pregnancy it was great to ask about certain symptoms or feelings that I was experiencing. Now, the Mamas in the group all have babies close to the same age, but with some a few weeks older and some a few weeks younger than mine. This is incredibly helpful because the Mamas of older babies can help me out and warn me about growth spurts, leaps, etc, a little before they happen and I can do the same for the Mamas of younger babes.
- Pampers Rewards– You’ll most likely start stocking up on diapers before baby arrives. Each box of diapers (assuming that you use Pampers) has a code in it that you can enter into the app to earn rewards points towards free baby stuff. Awesome.
- Amazon– Also known as the best app in general. Amazon is THE place to buy your diapers. You can get them as much as 50% off, and you can subscribe. I also ordered about 80% of my nursery stuff from Amazon. Its the best.
- The Wonder Weeks– If the phrase “mental leap” means nothing to you, download this now. It, unfortunately, isn’t free, but I cannot emphasize how helpful it has been to us. Basically, your baby will go through some periods where they are learning a whole lot all at once and it makes them act like little nightmares. This app lets you know exactly when to expect these leaps and tells you exactly what baby is learning. Leaps suck, but knowing what baby is learning and actually noticing them mastering these skills makes it a little better.
- White Noise– Great for helping baby sleep, great for helping giant uncomfortable pregnant ladies sleep, great for The 5 S’s. Just great. Our favorite is “Heavy Rain Pouring” but there are a ton on here to choose from.
- BabyTime– For the first couple weeks after bringing baby home, your brain will be fried. This helps you keep track of when baby last ate, how much or how long, how many wet and dirty diapers your baby has, and what those diapers look like (your pediatrician will ask).
- Facebook– Some of my best advice from other Mamas has come from the closed Facebook groups that I have joined. I suggest Milky Mommas, Sleepy Littles, Bringing Up The Littles, COSLEEPING, and Peaceful Parenting. All of the groups have no-bullying tolerance and have guidelines about what types of things that can be posted, so be relevant and be nice! Since they are closed groups, your friends will only be able to see that you are in the groups, not what you post.
What apps were a lifesaver for you while you were pregnant and as a parent? Share in the comments!
The Crispy Mama